BESPOKE PROGRAMMES FOR ORGANISATIONS TO INNOVATE AND INVIGORATE
Innovation is a communicative and human-centred process, yet this can so often be boxed in by tall office buildings and familiar urban environments. It has been shown that being immersed in nature and disconnected from multi-media and technology increases creative problem-solving ability by 50% (Atchley et al, 2012). That is why leading entrepreneurs — such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Steve Jobs - have been known to take regular time off in nature to relax and clear their heads.
If you want to change the way you and your organisation do things, why not change in nature? This is the perfect place to be inspired and explore fresh perspectives, breathing new life into your professional challenges. We provide valuable space for reflection, allowing time to step back, examine progress, consider areas to develop, get fresh inspiration and celebrate achievements. All this in pristine, open and expansive environments where we create a temporary village for your team, with fire pits, sheltered spaces, compost toilets and optional glamping to provide an authentic, yet comfortable, experience in the natural world.
Elements that can be included in our bespoke packages include:
- Fresh thinking. Time and space for individual reflection and facilitated group discussions around a fire to stimulate fresh thinking, perspectives and strategic development.
- Adventures. Such as a 'Deep Time Walk' (an evocative exploration of the Earth's 4.6 billion year life story in 4.6km, with each metre representing a million years) or a secret woodland banquet.
- Inspiration. Hear stories and insights from a range of thought leaders and change makers.
- Wild activities. Traditional fire making techniques, cooking over an open fire, craftwork, bushcraft challenges, foraging, storytelling, music and more.
PAST CLIENTS AND COLLABORATORS INCLUDE
THE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF NATURE FOR EMPLOYEES
There is increasing evidence to show that time out in nature benefits employees' wellbeing and performance. Findings include:
- Being immersed in nature and disconnected from multi-media and technology increases creative problem-solving ability by 50% (Atchley et al, 2012)
- Exposure to nature leads to improved cognitive functioning and mental well-being (Kaplan, 1993, 2001)
- Connection with nature has a significant positive effect on autonomy, personal growth, and purpose in life (Nisbet, Zelenski, & Murphy, 2011)
- When people relate to nature they experience greater feelings of vitality, regardless of levels of exercise and social activity (Ryan et al., 2010)
- When immersed in a natural environment, people report feeling more connected to others and to the world around them (Terhaar, 2009)
- Walking in nature improves memory by up to 20% (Berman et al. 2008)
- Time in nature relieves stress and reduces pulse rate, blood pressure, and cortisol levels (Chiba University)
To thrive in this era of increasing volatility and unpredictability, leaders must deepen their personal and organisational capacity to anticipate future trends and unleash the creative potential of their organisation. Our bespoke leadership development programmes, designed for teams within organisations, combine theory, discussion, exercises and personal reflection time. Programmes will help leaders and future leaders to:
- Enhance their energy and drive by reconnecting work with personal values, visions and objectives
- Gain a greater understanding of the principles of successful leadership
- Forge deeper, more collaborative relationships with their peers
- Hone communication skills to better connect with colleagues and stakeholders
- Facilitate more effective and productive meetings
- Take greater responsibility and ownership in their roles