exploring your body as a gateway to deeper knowing
THURSDAY 31 MAY (12PM) - SUNDAY 3 JUNE (3PM)
NORTHERN SOMERSET NEAR BRISTOL AT A BEAUTIFUL WOODLAND AND WILD FLOWER MEADOW
This four day retreat explores listening deeply to the sacred gift of your own natural "indigenous" wisdom. This is often where true knowing manifests itself but can easily be forgotten in the midst of our modern cognitive fast paced culture. On this retreat, we will learn how to open to another way of knowing - beneath thoughts and ideas. We will then take this skill to connect more deeply to ourselves, each other and the wisdom of the natural world.
WHAT DOES THE retreat HOLD IN STORE?
Through reflective practices based on "Focusing" and mindfulness we will open up new doorways to our intuition. The retreat will include solo time in nature, paired and group exercises, just being around an open fire, and simple ceremony to support your explorations.
By the end of the retreat you will:
- Have learnt some new skills to listen to your body
- Know how to meet parts of yourself that "block" the process
- Have met the natural world , not from your mind but with your body.
- Have found doorways to intuitive knowing
- Touched a sense of interconnectedness in your body and life
- Exclusive use of a beautiful woodland and wild flower meadow near Bristol
- 10 freshly prepared, healthy and delicious meals, all cooked over the fire
- Practices based on focusing led by Peter Gill
- A very special co-created banquet with stories under the stars
- Guided mindfulness and Qi Gong movement sessions to bring you back into balance
- A variety of multi-sensory exercises to rekindle wonder and deepen your connection with the natural world
- Space to connect with fellow retreaters and make meaningful friendships in a short space of time
- 4 day digital detox – phones locked safely away
- Comprehensive insurance
who are the facilitators?
Peter has been teaching Focusing since 2005 and is fully qualified with the British Focusing Association (BFA) and the Focusing Institute in New York, teaching individuals, groups and also mentoring others to teach. He is also a qualified Somatic Experiencing practitioner (an embodied approach to healing trauma). He is passionate about sharing accessible and embodied skills that lead to well being, fulfilment and transformation. Previous to this training, Peter spent 12 years practising and teaching awareness and meditation skills to groups and individuals in a Buddhist context. More recently he completed a foundation course at Schumacher College (Devon) in environmental education.
Andy is a coach, speaker and expert facilitator. He hosts nature awareness, leadership, sustainability and mindfulness retreats and workshops, to bring about transformative change. He has trained extensively in these areas with Cambridge University, Schumacher College, The Living Leader Programme and Sussex Wildlife Trust. He works with professionals, businesses, charities, colleges, private clients and children. He also offers his skills internationally, and in 2017 ran a 2 month programme with indigenous communities in Namibia and a 2 week retreat for a "nomadic classroom" in the wilds of Sweden. Previously, he was Executive Director of the Aldersgate Group, working with CEOs, Government Ministers and thought leaders to drive action for a more sustainable world.
BOOK YOUR PLACE
Low income places
Subject to there being a sufficient number of standard rate bookings, we offer some concessionary places on our retreats. To help us provide these places, we invite you to lend us a hand in exchange for the reduction in participation costs. This can include arriving a bit earlier or leaving later to help with camp set up and pack down, or helping to cook dinner on the first night. You might also think of other ways to offer your skills and experience to support our work. Please get in touch and let us know what might be possible.